Pages

Welcome Message

Welcome to my sewing (and other stuff) blog!

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Covered Button Tool

Here are some photos of a fantastic tool that I bought about 14 years ago at an estate sale. It is one of my favorite tools. I don't use it really frequently, but when I need it I am always SO happy that I have it available!




 This is a button covering machine. It produces the beautiful covered buttons that I used to have to order by mail. This thing is very heavy!!

                     Covered buttons used to be very popular for "The Woman of Fashion"!


       The machine came with a die cutter set for each of the many sized buttons it can make.


                                     Here are button fronts and backs for one of the styles...a half ball button.          
      I love having the ability to make covered buttons in my shop! All of the original paperwork was included with the machine. It is even older than I am, but with the way it is built it is sure to out last me!


2 comments:

  1. What a great find Patty! I've never seen one of these before and it will probably last for 100's of years. Amazing that all the paperwork and all the accessories were still with it and it sure does make gorgeous buttons as the ones on your cape are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete