Pages

Welcome Message

Welcome to my sewing (and other stuff) blog!

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Making a wool jacket


My daughter and I spent a very happy weekend in her cozy sewing room. We made Vogue 8861 for her out of some Marc Jacobs herringbone wool.

"Window" faced with lining to frame bound buttonhole



Bound Buttonhole
Bias detail between jacket facing and lining
Sushi for munching while we sewed
This jacket has a very graceful collar
                                        It was a very fun project for a cold winter weekend!

 My daughter texted me this photo of herself going off to work this morning in her new jacket!!

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous jacket... it's looks super comfortable and nice and cosy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful dragonfly and what wonderful post!!I am a china tour lover,You can learn more: Beijing tour| Lhasa Tour | Beijing tour packages

    ReplyDelete